APPROVED and LEGALLY LICENSED (DL-658-2004) by the Costa Rican Institute of Tourism (ICT)
What is a Declaratoria Turistica?
It is issued to Some travel agencies in Costa Rica who meet stringent requirements designed to protect clients, ensure the quality of customer service, comply with certain economic guidelines to guarantee that the business is not a fly-by-night operation in accordance with LAW 5339. It must be pointed out that not all tour operators have this license because the Costa Rican Institute of Tourism (ICT) doesn't have the means to enforce LAW 5339 and Decreto Ejecutivo Number 2477-MEIC-TUR .
(1) All agencies that apply must be screened by the ICT's team of legal experts to see if they meet the criteria for a Declaratoria. This process can take up to a year.
(2) All applicants must submit to criminal background check through INTERPOL (Internnational Police) to check their background. This must be authenticated by the Costa Rican Ministry of Foreign Affairs
(3) Three letters of recommendation have to be provided by Costa Rican Travel Agencies who have done business with the applicant company and its principals and will vouch for the quality of service provided by the applicant company.
(4) All of the activities of the agency have to be described in detail including itineraries.
(5) All of the companies inventory has to be listed and its value has to be declared as well as the location of its offices for notification
(6) Periodic inspections of the companies office(s) may occur.
(7) ALL OF THE DOCUMENTS AND REQUIRED EVIDENCE MUST BE TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH BY AN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT TRANSLATOR