Costa Rica’s #1 Retirement Tour
This tour thoroughly educates future retirees and Boomers about all of San Jose’s suburbs such as Escazu, Cariari, Santa Ana, Alajuela and Heredia and the outlying areas that include Grecia, Atenas and San Ramon. A highly-informative two-day seminar that covers all aspects of retirement, living and relocating to Costa Rica rounds out this retirement tour.
This is the PERFECT tour for anyone interested in living in an area with one of the world's best climates, excellent infrastructure, homes including every imaginable activity to stay busy and happy. Tour participants will only visit the most desirable areas for living in the path of progress.
Five day Inland Central Valley Tour
- A valuable two-day seminar by the ARCR with local experts in their respective fields. You won’t want to do without it!
- Private Phone Consult with Christopher Howard prior to your arrival
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Hotel stay for however many nights your tour is
- Most meals (75% of meals are covered. We give you a couple of free nights in San José to try some of the great local restaurants we recommend)
- Rental Properties to be viewed (when available)
- Comfortable Air conditioned mini bus
- Private driver and bus so that Christopher can devote 100% of his attention to giving you the best possible tour and you specific needs
- Led and conducted by Christopher Howard a 31 year resident and citizen of Costa Rica and Costa Rica’s most read author on retirement and living in Costa Rica.
As an added bonus tour participants will also receive: A FREE copy of the 15th edition of Christopher’s best selling guidebook, ”The New Golden Door to Retirement and Living in Costa Rica”
- Individual Cash/check: $1,399.00
- Individual Credit Card: $1,450.00
- Couple Cash/check: $1,699.00
- Couple Credit Card: $1,765.00
Two Day Inland / Central Valley Streamlined Tour
This tour who is for those who have already taken the two-day seminar or those who have limited time. The itinerary is the same as the last two days of the regular Central Valley Tour below where your tour select areas.
A) With three nights lodging (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Add $80 more for the extra night for couples and singles before or after the tour at Hotel Auténtico (hotel policy). If the full 5-day tour is taken with the seminar then the cost is only $50 per additional night.
B) With two nights lodging (Saturday and Sunday)
Single $299 per day
Couple $349 per day
* Includes lunches and breakfasts
* Does NOT include group dinner on Saturday
C) With your own lodging
Single $199 per day
Couple $249 per day
* Includes lunches
* Does NOT include group dinner on Saturday
* This tour is ONLY given as part of the regular five-day tour. A minimum of 4 people on the regular five-day tour will be required for us to add you to our tour group.
The Central Valley, or Meseta Central, is the center of Costa Rica due to its geographical location, culture and economic activities. It is surrounded by spectacular towering mountains which make the area reminiscent of like Switzerland and inactive volcanoes such as Poás and Irazú.
The valley lies at an altitude of 3,000 to 4,000 feet above sea level. Its fertile volcanic soil makes it an ideal place for growing anything, including some of the world’s best coffee. It is not surprising that more than half of Costa Rica’s 4 million people live in this area because of its almost perfect year-round spring-like climate. The capital city of San José is located here as well.
This is the perfect retirement/relocation tours for anyone interested in living in Costa Rica’s Central Valley. This area is blessed by year round spring-like temperatures, excellent infrastructure including major shopping centers and malls, offers every imaginable activity to stay busy and almost all of the amenities of living in the United States.
Tour participants will view the many desirable areas where foreigners live and will have the opportunity to view some of their homes. A recent boom in the construction industry has created a wide variety of affordable new homes from which to choose. Many gated communities have been built in Escazu, Santa Ana, Puriscal, Heredia, Atenas and Grecia areas.
Wednesday: Day 1 - Arrive in San Jose. Our staff will meet you at the airport and transport you to your Hotel.
Thursday: Day 2 - Breakfast at the hotel. At 8:00 the first day of a highly-informative Seminar . You will hear from some of the country's foremost authorities in the fields of real estate, law, health care, moving, medical care, insurance, learning the language and more. A few people who have moved to Costa Rica will share their experiences with you. You will make new friends and begin to make a network of valuable contacts. A delicious buffet lunch is included. Happy Hour is scheduled after the seminar. Free evening.
Friday: Day 3 - Second day of the seminar with lunch included. You will hear more from the rest of Costa Rica’s experts including your retirement tour guide, Christopher Howard. Surprise group dinner at a local where you will meet and mingle people who have made the retirement move and savor more delicious Costa Rican cooking. All of our past clients really love the activity and especially enjoy being welcomed into someone's home. It is a real cultural experience you won't want to miss on this retirement tour.
Saturday: Day 4 - Breakfast at the Hotel with a 7:30 departure. First, we will go on a city tour to see where Americans reside, the University of Costa Rica, malls, hospitals, parks, a wharehouse-style supermarkets (Hipermás and Pricesmart) to show you what food products are available in Costa Rica and so much more. A few of the places you will see are the neighborhoods of Los Yoses, Barrio Escalante, Sabana Norte and Rohrmoser (best San Jose real estate places). You will also visit the towns Escazú, Santa Ana, Ciudad Cariari, Heredia and the areas of San José de la Montaña with its alpine-like setting and charmingly quaint San Isidro. All of these places are perfect for retirement and living in Costa Rica. You will even give you a chance to see the inside of a couple on homes along the way. Lunch at La Cocina de Don Leyla, where you will savor the best of Costa Rica’s authentic dishes. After lunch you will visit the town of Moravia to see the area and stop at the country's beat souvenir shops. Free night.
Sunday: Day 5 - Breakfast at the Hotel with a 7:30 departure. Today you will see more prime areas for retirement and living in Costa Rica. First, you will explore the beautiful mountain town of Atenas, considered by National Geographic as having the "best climate" in the world. Then you will visit Grecia, know as "the cleanest city" in Costa Rica. The surrounding area is spectacular. Next, you will visit Alajuela which is Costa Rica's second largest city. Lunch will be at "The Banco de Mariscos" considered by the natives the serve he best seafood in the country. After lunch you will visit a couple of properties to give you a better idea of the lifestyle in the Central Valley and to get an idea of the price of property.
Monday: Day 6 - Transportation to the airport is included. Airfare is not included.
This is an excellent tour to introduce you to the Central Valley, its retirement and living possibilities, infrastructure and lifestyle.
*See Tour Schedules for dates and availability
- Central Valley Tour, San José, Atenas, Grecia, Alajuela (Apr.23.2014)
- Central Valley Tour, San José, Atenas, Grecia, Alajuela (May.28.2014)
- Pacific Beach Tour, Dominical, Uvita, Ojochal, Quepos, Jacó (Jun.21.2014)
- Combination Tour, San José, Jaco, Dominical, Quepos (Jun.21.2014)
- Central Valley Tour, San José, Atenas, Grecia, Alajuela (Jun.25.2014)