By popular demand
Add-on to the Central/Southern Pacific Beach Tour with our Central Valley Tour. On this add-on Relocation Retirement Tour future Baby Boomer retirees will see just what they need to determine the best lifestyle for their needs – the Guanacaste beaches or Gold Coast of Costa Rica. By the tour’s end potential retirees will definitely know if the Guanacaste area, or Central Valley is the place for them to retire..
The extra time on this tour provides a perfect mix of sightseeing, interesting activities, viewing properties and meeting some nice people along the way.
You’ll actually see what it is like to live in this part of the country.
All Tours include: Sign Up NOW
- On the tour you will actually see what it is like to live here.
- Smaller is better! More on the ground experience, more personal hands-on attention and in-depth information than larger international retirement organizations to meet your specific needs.
- Airport pick up and drop off
- Hotel stay for however as many nights your tour is
- Most meals (75% of meals are covered. We give you a couple of free nights in San José to try some of the great local restaurants we recommend). The food on the tour is absolutely delicious as past participants will attest to.
- Rental Properties to be viewed (when available) + contacts to help you find rentals
- Comfortable Air conditioned mini bus
- Private driver and bus.
- A follow up phone consultation, if needed.
- By the time the tour is over you should know if Costa Rica is for you and if it is you will have all of the contacts and information to make the move successfully and seamlessly.
NOTE: This tour may ONLY taken in conjunction with the Combo Tour and/or Central Vally tour and NOT by itself.
Guanacaste, the northwest region has vast plains and is drier than the Central Valley and Central and South Pacific. Nevertheless, some of the country’s most beautiful beaches, breathtaking views, history, culture and nightlife can be found there.
The capital city of Liberia, located 125 miles north of San José on the Pan-American Highway, is considered the heart of Guanacaste, and is a full-service city. Sometimes called the “white city” because of its architecture, Liberia is the most colonial of Costa Rica’s cities. Due to the area’s growing popularity, Liberia is quickly becoming one of the country’s largest and most important cities, offering restaurants, hotels, several museums, good shopping, a mall with movie theaters, and a public hospital. Liberia is a good place to visit while on your way to Guanacaste’s many beaches.
Contributing to the development of this area are approximately 40 weekly flights from the United States to Liberia’s Daniel Oduber International The airport was remodeled recently and now boasts a 23,000 square meters, state-of-the-art structure which dwarfs the old terminal in both size and capabilities. Travelers can access a new lounge with free wireless Internet and paid wireless Internet will also be available throughout the building.
There is more good news for residents of the Guanacaste region. The new CIMA hospital opened the end of 2011 and looks to be the cornerstone of Costa Rica’s health care and medical tourism system in the Guanacaste area.
The well-known private hospital Clínica Biblica currently has a small clinic and is planning to open a larger medical facility at Liberia, situated under one hour from all the Gold Coast beaches. This new facility will offer medical consultations, a clinical lab, a pharmacy and insurance services. The hospital is planned in three phases. The first is a three-tiered tower, the first of them for basic care, including laboratory, pharmacy, diagnostic imaging and outpatient surgery.
Another exciting development is the wild animal park, Africa Mía, a 100 -acre open-air zoo with free-roaming animals.
Contributing to the development of this area are approximately 40 weekly flights from the United States to Liberia’s Daniel Oduber International Airport.
The city of Liberia and the Tempisque Bridge are the entry points to Guanacaste’s beaches. More than 50 spectacular beaches of all sizes, shapes and colors with clear blue water are found all along the Pacific coast in the Guanacaste Province. This area is sometimes referred to as Costa Rica’s “Gold Coast”. However, a few of the adjacent beach communities may have too much tranquility for some people or have too much of a resort atmosphere for others. Playa Hermosa Playas del Coco, Playa Ocotal Playa Panamá, Flamingo, Brasilito, Conchal and Tamarindo are some of the more popular beaches in the area.
A wide range of condos may be found on both isolated and popular beaches. A number of nice gated communities and golf resorts are found in this section of the country. Undeveloped beach and ocean-view properties can still be found in some areas.
- Monday After your Inland valley tour, you will be picked up from Torremolinos Hotel for the drive to Guanacaste. You will get a feel for the countryside on this trip and stop for lunch on the way. Check in at your hotel.
- Breakfast at hotel. Pick up by 8:30 am.
- Tour Tamarindo beach area, Langosta, view 3 different options for long term rentals. View beaches. See auto Mercado, banking, medical clinics, local airport. View Hacienda Pinilla Golf/Resort Community.
- 12 PM Typical lunch, included, Villareal, view rental option in this area, as rent is typically cheaper a few miles away from the beach.
- 1:15 PM View golf/resort community: Reserva Conchal in Playa Conchal, and Brasilito/Flamingo Beach areas.
- Breakfast. 8:30 AM pick up at hotel. Head to Cocos/Hermosa (1 hour drive time).
- 9:45 AM: View example of properties in the area, area services.
- 1 PM: Lunch (Cocos).
- 2 PM Head to Liberia to see the area, (Capital of Guanacase), on the way we’ll stop at the Liberia Airport. We’ll also see a couple private medical clinics (CIMA/Clinica Biblica).
- Head back to the beach. Dinner at hotel/surrounding restaurant.
- Hotel transfer from hotel to Liberia International Airport (LIR) for your return flight back to the USA.
- You will fly from Liberia to your connection in the USA.
- When you chose the Guanacaste add on tour, please note to book your RETURN FLIGHT FROM LIBERIA International Airport (LIR) Costa Rica.
- When you book your flight from the USA: Your first leg is with Christopher Howard. USA Flight to San Jose (SJO)Costa Rica.
- Return flight from Liberia (LIR) to YOUR DESTINATION IN THE USA. AIRFARE TO AND FROM COSTA RICA NOT INCLUDED.
This is an excellent tour to introduce you to the Guanacaste area. Offered as an ADD-ON to the Central Valley/Beach combo tour.