- Hurricanes do not make landfall in Costa Rica
- No shoveling the driveway or scraping ice off the windshield.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are around all year long.
- Medical services are reasonable.
- We do not get upset when the fast food clerk speaks Spanish.
- Public transport is cheap and all over.
- Gorgeous Women
- Iced guaro is as good as Stolichnaya.
- Talk about good coffee!
- There always is a beach nearby.
- How about a pair of hand-made boots?
- Ropa Americana.
- Symphony seats in the Teatro Nacional butaca for a few dollars.
- $2.50-an-hour maid service.
- A garden full of fresh flowers.
- Easy air access to the Great White North.
- Did someone say shrimp?
- Whales and dolphin and other creatures.
- Even in the rainy season the mornings are sunny.
- Umbrellas are cheap from the vendors downtown.
- Where else do you get gallo pinto or chicharones and that fried yucca a la Tico?
- Those beautiful volcanos and rainforests along with thousands of birds?
- Sarchi hardwood furniture.
- Legal gambling.
- La Pops ice cream.
- $200-a-year optional car insurance.
- And most of all the generally sympathetic, friendly Costa Rican people.
By the A.M. Costa Rica staff
If you enjoy my blog, please share it with your friends. I hope to see you on one of my tours!
To learn more about living in Costa Rica sign up for one of Christopher Howard's award-winning Relocation/Retirement tours. For all of the details see: www.liveincostarica.com